Two more days left. Yes that's right my American friends. We STILL have two days left of school until summer break.
I love being outside with the kids as much as I can at this time of year, so I made up a game to get us out there on the sunny days!
- Using a four square grid in the playground, I drew different 4-beat rhythm in each square.
- The class was split into two teams and made two lines, lining up one behind the other about ten feet away from the rhythm squares.
- Once we started, I clapped one of the four rhythms. The first person from each team had to find the rhythm and step on that rhythm square first in order to get a point.
- Both players went to the back of their respective lines and the next two people faced off.
- After each student had a turn, the game was finished and the team with the most points won!
- It was so fun and the kids LOVED it!
Thanks to my student O*** for coming up with the name of the game!