Sunday 28 October 2012

Glow Stick Movement!

Sometimes I finish a lesson early and have about 2-5 minutes left at the end of class. For K-3, I sometimes fill that time by playing one of their favourite songs and playing the Freeze Dance game! I play the music and they dance, then I stop it and they freeze or they are out. Simple hey? I know. Now, I am finding kids who are even in grade 5 and 6 just want free time to dance. I know, it sounds crazy! I have been playing Freeze Dance with my older kids now too and they love that time to try out new moves of their own. 

On a completely different topic, I have my own weird obsession with GLOW STICKS! I love wearing them and moving with them. This year I decided it would be fun to combine glow sticks and Freeze Dance for the ultimate experience! And no better time to do so than Halloween!

Glow sticks are on sale at Michaels right now! A pack or 12 is only $2.00! And because the glow sticks last long, I can use them with different classes for a whole morning. 


I have played glow in the dark Freeze Dance with my kids while we listen to Thriller and Monster Mash and they love it! What a fun Halloween game!

- Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment