Tuesday 30 October 2012

Save the Date For a Holiday Concert!

I am so excited to get going with our holiday concert! I always send home a note to inform parents about concert dress, etiquette, check in time, and any other reminders that they may need. Because our school is growing, we are trying something new this year. Our primary concert will be two separate nights and we are performing at our community high school theatre rather than our school gym. 

Usually I don't send the parent information letter out until mid November, after we have our cast all figured out. With all of the changes this year, I thought it would be fun and beneficial to send out a Save the Date card!

First, I went on a hunt for digital frames. I found these free frames at vectorjungle.com. They are so cute!

I cropped and copied my favourite frame and pasted it in Powerpoint. From there, I created some text boxes, entered the information I want to get out to families asap, and dragged the boxes around in the frame until I was happy. I am having them printed on card stock and they will be about 4" x 6".

Here is the finished product! 

I can't wait to get them all printed and handed out!
- Steph

2 comments:

  1. Soooo cute! I think I may need to use those frames for something, I'm not doing a standard performance this year, instead we are performing in the community. That means no programs. But, I'm sure I can find a way to use them before hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like them Emily!

    ReplyDelete