Tuesday 5 November 2013

2/4 Tuesday: Fun with Glowsticks!

It's 2/4 Tuesday!
Link up and share your ideas! See below for the linky party deets!

Yup- fun with glowsticks! 

1. Barred Instruments and GLOW STICKS
 Last week my grade 4 students played "Skin and Bones" on the barred instruments. To make it extra creepy and Halloween-y, we played the instruments with glow sticks instead of mallets! Woohooo!

2. Glow Sticks for Singing Warm-ups

Last week I also used glow sticks with the kids for vocal slides. A student leader would wave a glow stick around and the rest of the class produced a vocal slide accordingly! Yeehaw! So fun!

3. Glow Stick Freeze Dance
Another hit! We danced around to "Thriller" with our glow sticks. When the music stopped, kids had to freeze or they were out of the game. FUN-tastic! Whoop whoop!

Hope you save these fun extras for next Halloween or when you are in the mood for glow-in-the-dark fun!

Join my link party! And check out the other blog posts!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Steph!

    I was totally inspired by you and figured out how to do a link up party for my most recent post. inLinkz didn't work for me. Something about the code was not showing up on my page. Have you had troubles with that before? Which of the codes do you grab from their page to put on yours? I'm guessing that it's because I use Weebly and not Blogspot, but I'm not sure. If you have any insights I'd love to hear them. My email is david.row@kckps.org if you have any you want to share.

    Anyway, thanks for the inspiration. Here's my website address if you want to check out my link up party! MakeMomentsMatter.Weebly.com

    You rock!
    David

    ReplyDelete