Sunday 4 May 2014

Fun in Halifax!

A few weeks ago I attended ENSEMBLE, the 2014 Carl Orff Canada National Conference in Halifax! It was four days jam packed with great sessions, interesting conversations, meeting new people, and reconnecting with fellow teachers. All while doing so in the beautiful city of Halifax!

We had Doug Goodkin as our keynote and he had this quote projected. I love it.

It was so nice having sessions right beside the ocean!

I feel so fortunate to be teaching in Manitoba, and in Canada, where I have mentors such as these! Orff pedagogy continuse to flourish in Manitoba and these wonderful women have played a big part in that! 
Carl Orff Canada is celebrating it's 40th anniversary this year and these two spent countless hours creating two resources that present 40 years of COC's history!

What conferences do you go to? I would love to hear about them! We are so well supported in my school division. I am interested to hear about professional development support in other areas of the world. How are you supported?


No comments:

Post a Comment